In this post, we will talk about the Namibia visa requirements for Nigeria citizens and how to apply for a Namibia visa in Nigeria.
The Republic of Namibia is a nation that may be found in the southern region of Africa. In the north, it has land borders with both Zambia and Angola. It also shares borders with South Africa to the south and Botswana to the east.
Namibia is a beautiful country that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. A haven for a wide variety of animal life, most notably the world’s largest population of cheetahs that are not confined to a specific area but are instead free to wander.
Namibia is home to one of the world’s oldest deserts, which is thought to have been around for 55 million years. Windhoek serves as the nation’s capital, and the nation’s official language is English. Its population is over 2 million people, and it is home to 13 distinct ethnic groups and 30 languages.
Nigerians who want to go to Namibia need a visa. Before we show you how to apply for a Namibia visa as a Nigerian, let’s quickly go over the different types of visas and the general Namibia visa requirements for a Nigerian passport holder.
Types of visas for Namibia
- Tourist visa / Visit visa
- Business visa
- Study visa
Tourist / Visit visa
A Namibia tourist visa, also known as a visit visa, grants visitors permission to enter the country for tourism-related purposes. When someone is traveling for the first time, they often only receive a visa that is valid for one entry. With this kind of visa, you can’t work in the country.
Additionally, if you have a visitor visa, you can pay a visit to your friends and family) in Namibia. However, if you really must pay a visit, you will require a letter of invitation from your host.
Obtaining a Namibia business visa will allow you to visit your business partner, as well as travel to and participate in any business-related meetings, events, or conferences that may be held in Namibia. First-time travelers are only eligible for a single-entry business visa.
Although you are granted permission to engage in some business operations in Namibia with a business visa, you are not granted permission to work in the country during your stay. To apply for a Namibia business visa from Nigeria, you will require a formal letter of invitation from a business partner or event organizers in Namibia.
If you have a Namibia study visa, you will be able to enroll in one of the educational programs offered by Namibia’s institutions. This category of visa often has a validity period that is much longer than that of business and tourist visas.
Prospective students in Namibia are required to provide documentation showing that they have paid their tuition fees as well as a letter of admission from the school of their choosing.
Namibia Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens
- Visa application form filled out in full (signed and dated).
- An international passport that is still valid at least six months after the date of departure and has at least three blank pages.
- Two recent passport pictures in color with a white background. Size must be 45mm X 35mm).
- Two copies of the bio data page of the international passport.
- You should make sure you have clean copies of all original documents.
- You must show that you have enough money to stay in Namibia for the whole time you are there. You should provide a 6 month bank statement from and signed by a bank official.
- Proof that you have a job (CAC Business registration documents or employment letter from your current employer)
- An introductory letter from your company.
- A copy of your round-trip itinerary that shows how you will get to and from Namibia.
- Hotel booking. Make sure your hotel reservation includes the hotel’s name, contact information, and the length of your stay. The hotel voucher must have your names on it.
- An invitation letter from Namibia and proof that your host has the right to live there (e.g. Data page of International Passport, work permit, National Identity Card etc.)
- Medical or health insurance. Your health insurance needs to cover you for the whole time you are in Namibia.
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
Namibia visa fee in Nigeria
N13, 500:00 (5 – 7 days visa processing time, Single entry)
N23, 000.00 (24 – 72 hours visa processing time, Single entry)
N34, 000.00 (Multiple Entry)
Their visa fees are not refundable.
Visa Submission Days:
Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm
The time it takes to process visa applications is between 5 and 7 working days. However, the process may be delayed if the application forms and supporting documentation are not complete.
Applications for visas should be sent in between the times and days listed above. All passports must be turned in, picked up, and signed for in person.
Namibia Embassy in Nigeria
Namibian visa processing office:
45 Oduduwa Way GRA Ikeja Lagos.
Phone: +234-8173649115, +234-1-279 9013
Those of you who like the Abuja office, the following information is for you:
The Republic of Namibia’s High Commission
Address: Cadasdral Zone A4,
Asokoro District, Plot 1738
T.Y. Danyuma Street,
Phone: +234 9 780 9441 Consular Section
Monday through Thursday, from 9:00 to 12:00
Covid- 19 restrictions to travel to Namibia
All Namibian COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. However, the government recommends that individuals comply voluntarily with public health and social regulations.
Airports serving international passengers to Namibia
Namibia’s main international airport is Hosea Kutako International Airport. Located about 45 km east of Windhoek, over the Khomas Mountains. Other airports include Eros International Airport, Andimba Toivo ya Toivo Airport, Rundu Airport, Walvis Bay International Airport, Katima Mulilo Airport, Oshakati Airport, etc.
Namibian Currency against the Naira
The Namibian dollar (NAD) is the country’s official currency. Its value against the Nigerian naira is NAD1 to NGN23.95.
How long does it take to fly from Nigeria to Namibia?
A direct flight from Lagos to Windhoek, Namibia takes about 4 hours and 55 minutes. And about 13 hours if you have to take a connecting flight. Some of the airlines that fly from Nigeria to Namibia are Rwandiair Express, Airlink, Ethiopian Air, and ASKY Airlines.