To get a Belarus visa, tourists, visitors, and business travelers from Nigeria must first meet certain requirements. Read this helpful guide to learn everything you need to know to apply for a visa to Belarus with a Nigerian passport.
Belarus used to be a part of the Soviet Union, but that country doesn’t exist anymore. It became its own state in 1991. Belarus is a fascinating country with beautiful villages, wild forests, and a culture that is warm and welcoming. Every year, thousands of tourists from all over the world visit Belarus. You could be next!
Types of Visas
Tourist Visa: This type of visa is for people who want to go to Belarus for tourism or to see family and friends. This visa, which is also called a “type C” visa, is valid for 90 days.
People who are going to Belarus for business-related activities need a business visa (e.g. business meetings, conference, seminars, etc). Valid for 90 days as well.
Student Visa: For Nigerians who want to take a class at any university or school in Belarus. Most of the time, this type of visa is valid for one year.
Belarus visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens
Regardless of the type of visa that you want, you must fill out the Belarus visa application form and submit. In order to do this, you will need to provide information and documents. Download the form here
Belarus Tourist Visa Requirements
- This type of visa is given to people who want to go to Belarus for tourism. With this visa, you can also visit family and friends.
- Everyone who travels to Belarus needs to have a valid passport.
- Those seeking a visa to enter Belarus must provide a letter of invitation from a friend or relative already residing in the country. This letter should include the host’s address and contact information, as well as how you know them.
- You will need to show proof that you have enough money to cover your stay.
- Applicants may also have to show a document that shows they have a reason to go back to their home country when the visa expires.
- In addition, you’ll need to show proof that you’ve been protected against yellow fever. A yellow fever vaccination certificate is in order.
- This visa cannot be used to study. This means that you can’t go to school at any of the schools in the country.
Belarus Student Visa Requirements
The Belarus student visa is a long-term visa that is issued to students who have already been accepted to a recognized educational institution in the Republic of Belarus. A Nigerian who wants to go to Belarus to go to school will need to get a student visa before travelling into the country
To get a Belarusian student visa,
- You must show proof that a recognized Belarusian university has accepted you as their student.
- You must also show documentation that you have paid for the course in full.
- Your health insurance must cover you for the whole time you will be a student in Belarus.
- There may also be a need for proof of the yellow fever shot.
- Most colleges and universities will help students get the student visa. When the students get to Belarus, the universities will also help them get a temporary residency permit. This permit is valid for a year. For a residency permit, you have to go to a clinic in Belarus and get tested for HIV/AIDS.
- You have to show that you have at least 25 Euros in cash, credit cards, or travelers checks for each day you stay.
You’ll also need to provide the following supporting documents:
- Tuition Pack for the First Year
- Medical fitness certificate (original)
- Original copies of school records
- Certificate of birth (hard copy)
- 10 passport-size photographs 4x6cm
- Formal invitation to study (Approved by Federal Migration Department of Belarus)
If you don’t want to apply for a visa on your own, you can talk to our visa agent here.
Belarus Business Visa Requirements
This is the type of visa that Nigerians who are going to Belarus for business purposes need to get.
- You will need a letter from the company in Belarus that you will be visiting saying that you are welcome to come.
- This letter will also have their full address, along with the date of your trip and why you’re going.
- You should bring proof that you are in business discussions with the company you are meeting with before.
- If you want to go to a meeting or seminar, you need a confirmation or invitation letter from the people who are hosting the event.
- A formal letter from your employer verifying or authorizing business travel is required if you are currently employed.
- Proof that you have enough money to pay for your stay (like a bank statement from the last three months) is required.
- People who work for themselves may need to show proof that their business is registered in Nigeria
- You cannot work while you are in the country on this type of visa.
- It needs to be clear whether your trip will be paid for by your employer, the host company in Belarus or by yourself.
Belarus visa fee in Nigeria
Tourist visa $68.00
Business visa $68.00
Student visa $68.00
Belarus Embassies and Visa Application Centers in Nigeria
Address: 1866, Deng Xioping Street,
Plot 2148, Asokoro,
Phone: (+234) 962 332 10 / 1 (+234) 809 234 9576 / 902 692 8842
Plot 662, Bello Aromire Street,
Phone number: +234) 80-9-992-6480
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get Belarus visa from Nigeria?
Usually, it takes us 5 (five) working days to give out a visa, but for express visas, it only takes 2 (two) working days.
Can Nigerians get a visa on arrival in Belarus?
No. Nigeria passport holders must apply for visa before travelling to Belarus
How long does it take to go from Nigeria to Belarus?
From Lagos to Minsk takes about 13 hours and 30 minutes to fly.
How much is a ticket from Nigeria to Belarus?
Flights from Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport to Minsk International starts at $1,500 to $2,000.
Popular cities in Belarus
Minsk, Brest, and Gomel are the most popular places to visit in Belarus’s cities.
What airlines fly from Nigeria and Belarus?
Turkish Airlines, EgyptAir, Air France, KLM, and Swiss are the most popular airlines that fly from Nigeria to Belarus.