How to Apply for Zambia visa from Nigeria
In this post, we are going to show you the Zambia visa requirements and how to process the Zambia visa application from Nigeria.
The Republic of Zambia, through their Ministry of Home Affairs launched the electronic visa online application in 2005. Therefore Nigerians who want to apply for the Zambian visa can not only apply through the Zambian embassy in Nigeria but can also apply online after submitting the required information, documents and payment.
The Republic of Zambia is an African country in the south-central of the African continent. On the north of Zambia is the Democratic Republic of the Congo, on it’s south is Zimbabwe and Botswana, Malawi is to the east, You will find Tanzania on north-east of Zambia, Namibia to the south-west and Angola to the west. Zambia’s capital city is Lusaka.
Zambia is a beautiful country that is blessed with an abundance of wildlife, large water bodies, vast open lands and welcoming people. In fact Zambia is the perfect location for travelers who wish to have a true taste of the natural wonders Africa offers.
If you need the services of a visa agent, click here to contact us on WhatsApp. OR call us at 2347033378184 OR email us at: email@example.com
Also Read: Madagascar Visa Application
Now let us discuss the Zambia visa requirements for Nigerians
Zambia Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens
Since there are two ways of applying for the Zambian visa (through the Zambian embassy in Nigeria and through the Zambia e-visa system) we are going to base our discussion on how to apply for the Zambia through the e-visa website. Typically, we are going to answer this frequently asked question: How can I apply for Zambia visa online?
Documents Required for Zambia Visa Online
- A soft copy of your passport photograph. This photo should be taken at least, within the last 6 months.
- A scanned copy of the bio data page of your international passport. Your international passport should be valid for at least 6 months after you are back from Zambia. Say for example, if you are due to come back from the Republic of Zambia on the 17th of January 2022 your international passport should have more valid days at least up till June 2022.
- A proof that you have accommodation in Zambia (Hotel reservation).
- A proof that you have a confirmed airline ticket or verifiable reservation.
- Cover Letter – This is a letter that contains; who you are, why you want to make a trip to Zambia, when you intend to travel, how long you intend to stay in Zambia and where you will be staying when you are in Zambia.
- Invitation Letter – An invitation letter applies to you if you are being invited by a friend, business partner or an organization in Zambia.
- Business Registration of Inviting Company – If you are being invited to Zambia by a business organization, you will need to present the business registration of the inviting company in Zambia.
Information Needed for Zambia Online
You will need to input the following information about yourself and your trip into the Zambia e-visa online portal.
- Full name (First Name, Surname, Other name)
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Place of Birth
- International Passport Number
- Place of Issue
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Email (Send notification via email)
- Expected date of entry into Zambia
- Expected date of departure from Zambia
- Purpose of visa
- Visa type
- Address of your destination in Zambia
- The information and address of your host in Zambia if you have one.
- The information of child or children if you are travelling with them.
- Upload all the supporting documents – Certified copy of valid passport (JPEG format), covering letter from you to the Director General of Immigration (PDF format) , passport photo (JPEG format), Airline return ticket (PDF format), Hotel booking (PDF format).
How to Apply for the Zambia Visa Online
- Go to the Zambia e-visa website.
- As a new visa applicant, create a profile/account for yourself.
- Go to your email and verify and confirm your account by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Follow the click to go back to the e-visa portal to fill in your personal information, travel plans and make payment.
- Submit your application
- Once you have made payment and submitted your online application, the Zambian immigration service will make a decision on your visa application and send to you a visa approval letter via email.
- You must print out the visa authorization letter before making your trip to Zambia because at the port of entry in Zambia, the immigration officers will check and verify your approval letter before issuing you a sticker visa stamp. Moreover, the international airline may not board you if you so not have the e-visa approval letter.
- If you do not complete your e-visa application within 48 hours, the system will delete the uncompleted application. Therefore you will have to start a new application when you are ready.
- If you want to spend more time in Zambia, you can extend your visa in Zambia.
How much is visa from Nigeria to Zambia?
Here are the visa fees for different Zambia visa categories
|Type of Visa||Amount ($)|
|Single Entry Visa||50|
|Double Entry Visa||80|
|Multiple Entry Visa||150|
|Transit Entry Visa||50|
|Kaza Entry Visa||50|
Types of Zambia Visas
Holders of visa approval letters are required to enter Zambia within 90 days from the date of approval, which date is indicated on the approval letter.
DIPLOMATIC – For diplomats with diplomatic passports coming to Zambia
ORDINARY VISAS – For visitors coming for mere visit to Zambia
- Single Entry – With this visa, you can stay in Zambia for a period of 90 days since the date of entry in Zambia.
- Double Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia up to 2 times during the 90 days from the date of your first entry into the country.
- Multiple Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia unlimited number of times during 90 days from the date of your first entry into the country.
BUSINESS VISA – For visitors coming to do business in Zambia
- Single Entry – With this visa, you can stay in Zambia for the period of 30 days from the date of entry in Zambia.
- Double Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia up to 2 times for 30 days since the initial date of your first entry into the country. You should not spend more than 30 days in Zambia.
- Multiple Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia as many times as possible during the 30 days since the initial date of your first entry into the country. You should not spend more than 30 days in Zambia.
Transit visas are issued to foreigners who want visas to enter Zambia and are travelling through using road transport. This visa is valid for a period of 7 days. Within the 7 days, the visa applicant is allowed to enter and leave Zambia at will.
TOURIST VISA (KAZA) – Tourist and Kaza Visa is for tourists coming to visit Zambia.
The KAZA UNIVISA allows you to get one visa to visit both Zambia and Zimbabwe as many times as possible. Thi visa is valid for up to 30 days as long as you remain within Zambia and Zimbabwe. It also covers those tourists who visit Botswana for day-trips through Kazungula Borders.
For this type of visa (KAZA) you can only arrive in Zambia through the following ports:
- Harry Mwanga Nkhumbula International Airport
- Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
- Victoria Falls Borders
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get a Zambian visa?
It takes 3 to 5 days working days to process the Zambian visa.
Can someone travel from Nigeria to Zambia by road?
Yes you can travel from Nigeria to Zambia by road. If your trip begins in Lagos, it should take you 79 hours, 50 minutes to arrive in Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia.
How much is flight ticket from Nigeria to Zambia?
Plane ticket from Nigeria to Zambia cost from N250,000.00 to N300,000.00
Contact us today for your Zambian visa. Travel Visa offers you a simple and fast solution to getting your Zambian eVisa.