How to Visit Nigeria from USA
Are you an American citizen who wants to visit Nigeria for business or tourist reasons? Do you want to know how to visit Nigeria from the USA? Are you aware of the things needed to travel to Nigeria and the vaccines you will need to take before your trip to Nigeria? If you are looking for this information, then you are in the right place. As every American citizen needs a visa to travel to Nigeria, this article will show you all you need to know to make your trip to Nigeria successful, memorable and a smooth sail. Lets get down to it.
Nigeria Visa on Arrival
To visit Nigeria from USA, you must have a visa. Now, Nigeria offers a visa upon arrival. This means that you can pay your visa fee and get visa stamp issued on your passport when you arrive Nigeria. But this is not to say that you can just pack your bags, hump on a plane and travel to Nigeria… No No No…. You will have to get what is called a Nigeria Visa Approval Letter before your trip to Nigeria. Without this letter, you will be turned back at the port of entry (Arriving Airport) in Nigeria. In other words, if you do not have this approval letter, you are not eligible to travel to Nigeria on any grounds because you will not be issued a visa when you arrive. In fact you will be sent back to the States on the next available flight.Below is what a Nigeria visa approval letter looks like.
Nigeria Visa Requirements for US Citizens
- You must have a passport that has at least a validity of 6 months beyond your visit and stay in Nigeria. Your passport should also have at least a blank page available for the Nigerian visa stamp.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- You must have a letter of invitation from your host. In this letter, your host will state that he/she will accept all immigration responsibility on your behalf.
- You may have to show evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your trip.
Vaccines to Take Before Going to Nigeria
The following vaccines are recommended or required you get them before you travel to Nigeria:
- Yellow fever
- Hepatitis A & B
- Mumps and rubella (mmr)
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis)
Nigeria Visa Fees for US Citizens
Nigeria visa fee varies from national to national. In the case of US citizens, visa fees to Nigeria cost $160. Remember what I said was “national to national”. Let me explain what I mean. If you are a US citizen that is applying for a visa on arrival for Nigeria but you are currently and will be coming to Nigeria from India, you will pay $160. If you are an Indian that is coming to Nigeria from the States, you will pay visa fees designated for Indians ($253). Understood? Lets move on.
How to Apply for Nigeria Visa On Arrival Approval Letter
There are two ways to get the Nigeria visa on arrival approval letter; using a visa agent in Nigeria and filling out the Nigeria visa application form online. Let’s talk about the both methods and I will be recommending the best method for you.
Complete the Nigeria Visa Application Form Online
Here you will have to go to the official website of the Nigeria Immigration Service and formally fill out a Nigeria visa on arrival application online. I will give the web address at the end of this article. So when you get on the site, indicate the country you are applying from (which is the United States of America) and the type of visa you are applying for. Scroll down and click on “Start Application”. Now the problem with this method of applying is that because of thousands of visa applications that are coming in on a daily basis, there is usually long delay in response to your application. For example, you may be meant to travel to Nigeria sometime in October 2019 and you started this visa process in the previous month of September 2019, you will not be able to make that trip because your visa on arrival approval letter will not be out in time. So you may just have to forget about the trip. This is not to say that this visa application method does not work but I think it is for people who have a lot of time on their hands as the process can take 4 to 6 months to complete. The only good thing about this method is that it is cheaper when you compare it with the other visa application method.
Get your Visa on Arrival Approval letter Using a Visa Agent in Nigeria
This is the best way getting the Nigerian visa. I will always recommend this method because of the following reasons.
- It is fast.
- You don’t need to worry about filling out any application forms online.
- Visa on arrival approval letter is delivered to your email within 24 to 48 hours.
- You pay visa fee at the port of entry
In this method, all you will need to do is to contact a visa agent in Nigeria who will start and finish the entire process on your behalf. At travelvisa.ng, we are a team of visa professionals who will get your Nigeria visa on arrival approval letter within 24 hours. To get this done, we will need the following information and documents from you:
- Scanned copy of the bio data page on visa applicant passport.
- Date of entry into Nigeria.
- Date of departure from Nigeria.
- Port of entry into Nigeria (Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja,etc).
- Copy of Airline Return ticket booking /reservation. If you don’t have a flight ticket booking, we can provide you with a flight reservation.
- Copy of Hotel booking/ reservation. If you don’t have a hotel booking, we can provide you with a hotel reservation.
- Email address of visa applicant.
Send all your information to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us on whatsapp: +2347033378184.
Visa Process fee/ Service Charge
We get you the Nigeria visa approval letter from Nigeria within 48 hours for $200 per visa applicant. Express service costs $300 for a one day processing time. You will also pay $160 at the port of entry in Nigeria.
- After the payment of the visa processing fee, the visa applicant will be issued a Visa Approval Letter (Pre-approved visa letter).
- This letter is valid for 14 days from the date of issuance.
- This document will be sent to your email.
- You are to travel to Nigeria with this visa approval letter.
- You will show this letter to the Nigerian immigration officers at the “Visa on Arrival” desk at port of entry in Nigeria.
- After payment, the Nigerian Immigration Service will collect your passport and stamp a visa on it.
- You will pay the visa processing fee/service charge for the visa process via our designated bank account. Payment can be made through www.transferwise.com or any other money wire service you are comfortable with.
- You will also pay $160 to immigration at the port of entry in Nigeria.
I hope this article has helped you enormously. If you have any questions or you need us to get you an expedited Nigeria visa process, contact us at: Email: email@example.com , Phone: +2347033378184, WhatsApp number: +2347033378184. Thank you.
How to Visit Nigeria from USA © www.travelvisa.ng