The fastest way to visit Nigeria on short notice.
Do you want to visit Nigeria as soon as possible? Are you a foreigner who wants to apply for Nigeria visa? I bring you good news. The Nigeria visa on arrival program is the faster and most convenient way to get a visa to Nigeria in a matter of days.
The Nigerian Government in her quest to increase the ease at which other nationalities visit Nigeria for tourism and business purposes has introduced the “Visa on arrival” scheme. This program just means that foreigners who want to visit Nigeria can now have a short-term visa issued to them at the port of entry in Nigeria.
In this article, I would explain all you need to know about the Nigeria visa on arrival scheme and how you can make the most out of it.
In other to do this we are going to look over the following aspects of the Nigeria visa on arrival program:
What is the Nigeria visa on arrival about?
Requirements – Documents and Information you need
How to apply
How to make payment online
How much does the Nigeria visa on arrival cost?
How Long does it take to get the Nigeria visa?
How to confirm your Nigeria visa application status
What is the Nigeria visa on arrival approval letter?
Traveling to Nigeria
You need help?
Let’s get started!
What is the Nigeria visa on arrival about?
Like the name suggests, the visa on arrival (VOA) is a scheme which grantees a visa to be issued to you at the airport of your arrival in Nigeria. This scheme was initiated by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) because of the absence of the Nigerian Embassy in some countries and the fact that in some other countries, the Nigerian embassy is too far away to access by all visa applicants.
Yes! the visa on arrival program allows you to fly to Nigeria before a visa stamp is appended on your passport but you must first qualify for this visa category before making that trip. You will have fill out an online application, submit some documents and receive a “visa on arrival approval” letter from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
Upon your arrival in Nigeria, you will show this letter to the Immigration officials at the airport and you will be issued a 30 day visa immediately.
If you are too busy to read to the end of this article, contact us immediately to help you with the visa on arrival process. Our email is: email@example.com, Phone: +2347033378184. WhatsApp: +2347033378184
Requirements – Documents and Information you need.
You are eligible to visit Nigeria through the visa on arrival scheme if you are:
- 18 years and above.
- Visiting to attend a business meeting or a trade fare, conference, seminar or workshop in Nigeria.
- Visiting to carry out market surveys in Nigeria.
- Visiting to invest in Nigeria.
- Tourism purposes.
With a genuine reason and all relevant documents, the process of getting the Nigerian visa is fairly easy.
Below is the list of documents you would need for the VOA process.
- A copy of your bio data page on your passport.
- A recent passport photograph of you.
- A letter introducing your person and the reason for your intended trip to Nigeria.
- A letter invitation from the host company in Nigeria, or proof of registration in the case of a business conference or seminar.
- A copy of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration of your host company in Nigeria.
- A copy of your airline ticket reservation or booking.
- A copy of your hotel reservation in Nigeria.
You will have to scan all the documents as you would be asked to upload them during your visa on arrival application process.
How to Apply for the Nigeria visa on arrival
Like I mentioned earlier, the visa on arrival application process is entirely online and you will also make payment online with your credit card. So, let’s get started!
To fill out the online application form,
Go to this Nigeria Immigration Service Page here at https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/VisaArrivalProgram/freshVisaOnArrivalProgram
You would be asked to choose your processing country, leave it at “Nigeria” because that is where your visa would be processed.
You will then select your nationality.
Lastly your visa type should be “Business”, as that is the only type on the visa on arrival scheme presently.
After this, you would be redirected to another website www.innovate1services.com where you would be asked to provide your email address and fill out your visa application.
To continue with the visa application process, you will have to provide other details which I will list out for you:
- Your full name
- Your sex
- Your date of birth
- Your birth country
- Your present nationality
- Passport number
- The date your passport was issued & its expiration date
- The place your passport was issued
- Your port of entry in Nigeria
- Your flight reference/booking code
- Your originating flight boarding place and country
- Your office or home address
- Your contact primary and email address
- The name of the host company and their contact address in Nigeria
- How much in cash you are bringing into Nigeria
- Your eye color
- Your height
- Your hair color
If you fill out your visa application carefully and submit, a notification will be sent to your email to let you know that your visa application has been accepted. The picture below is the email from the Nigeria Immigration Service.
If you are in any way confused or you need help with this process, let us know. We are here to help you out. Call or WhatsApp us at +2347033378184. You can also reach us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does the Nigerian visa on arrival cost?
Nigeria visa on arrival cost varies from country to country. This is to say that what you will pay as an American citizen for visa charges is not going to be the same fees that you will pay as an Indian.
Furthermore, the Nigeria Immigration Service has factored in a $90 for bio metrics and a $20 as transaction charges for using the online platform.
We have gathered a list of fees for all countries to apply for the Nigeria Visa on Arrival on this page. Therefore, you can search the PDF file below for the appropriate visa fees for your country.
Important Things to Note
One of the most significant features of the visa on arrival is the ability to pay online. Applicants are no longer allowed to make cash payments at the port of entry in Nigeria.
Applicants should note the following;
- The successful payment for your visa online does not necessarily mean that you will be granted a visa or the arrival approval letter. Therefore, it is imperative that you do not travel to Nigeria immediately after payment until you received the visa on arrival approval letter.
- Cash payments are highly prohibited for the application for visa on arrival to Nigeria unless you are sending your funds to your representative in Nigeria who will in turn make the online payment on your behalf.
- After payment, a receipt and acknowledgement slip will be provided for you. Ensure that you print a proof of payment receipt as well as any acknowledgement slip. You are to make copies of this for reference purposes at the port of entry in Nigeria.
Also note that because you have paid for the visa fees and transaction charges does not mean that you must be issued a visa on arrival approval letter or gain entry to Nigeria. I guess this caveat is same for all other country embassies in the world today. To approve or reject visa application is the prerogative of the immigration department alone.
How to make Payment Online
This is where you proceed to make payment. The NIS official website clearly states that they does not allow cash payments to process your visa on arrival. Unless you using a travel agent who requires cash payment, you are expected to do everything online including paying for your Nigeria visa. No need to worry about your card information as the Nigerian immigration service website has been upgraded with a nice interface and robust security architecture to serve that purpose.
You are expected to make payment for your visa and transaction charges on the innovative1services platform by login into your account there and processing your payment. You can do this by using your MasterCard. See Photos Below:
An email confirming your payment would be sent to you after carrying out your payment transaction successfully.
How long does it take to get the Nigeria Visa?
It takes 48 hours to receive a decision from the Nigeria Immigration Service on your visa application status. If they have decided to approve your application, the visa on arrival approval letter will be sent to your email address as a PDF attachment.
Your visa proper will be processed and stamped on your passport at the point of your entry in Nigeria by Immigration officials.
How to Check your Nigeria visa on Arrival Application Status
If you are as impatient as I am and would like to periodically know the status of your visa on arrival application, Follow the instructions below:
Go to this link:
- On Application: Select “Visa on Arrival Program”
- Input your application ID in the space provided
- Input your reference number in the space provided
- Click on “Search Record”
When the Data page opens, you will be able to see the exactly where your application is with the Nigeria Immigration Service. You can also scroll down and click on “Print Acknowledgment Slip” & “Print Receipt” to print out your payment documents.
What is the Nigeria Visa on Arrival Approval Letter?
The approval letter is a confirmation by the Nigeria Immigration Service that you have applied for a visa on arrival and you are authorized to proceed to land in Nigeria.
If you do not have this letter, you should wait for it. If you arrive in Nigeria without this letter you will be fined, rejected and turned back to your country.
Here is a what the Nigeria visa on arrival approval letter looks like:
Traveling to Nigeria
You will come to Nigeria with the following documents;
- Your international passport.
- Visa on arrival approval letter from NIS.
- Visa fee payment receipt from NIS.
- Acknowledgement slip from NIS.
- Hotel reservation.
Once you have arrived you shall then proceed to the Nigerian immigration visa on arrival desk at the airport where your biometrics would be captured and a photo would be taken, after which you would be issued the visa on arrival stamp.
Don’t forget it is a 30 days visa that allows you to deal with your needs of coming to Nigeria.
If you plan to stay longer then you would have to apply for an extension of the visa.
You need help?
We, at travelvisa.ng can help you in the following ways:
- Answer any questions that you have on the Nigeria visa on arrival process.
- Check if you are eligible to apply.
- Provide you with the required documents to apply.
- Fill out the online Nigeria visa application form
- Make payment for visa fees on your behalf.
- Ensure an approval from the Nigeria Immigration Service.
- Airport pick up in Nigeria
- Logistics around Nigeria.
Contact Us Today
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +2347033378184
- WhatsApp: +2347033378184
We have a team of immigration and visa service experts who will help obtain your visa on arrival Nigeria without any hassle. We are glad to help.
I hope this article has been insightful, interesting to read and of great help to you?
To read stories of clients we have helped in the recent past read My Nigeria Visa on Arrival Experience
Nigeria Visa on Arrival – How to Apply for Visa on Arrival in Nigeria © www.travelvisa.ng