In this post we are going to discuss how to apply for Bulgaria visa from Nigeria and the visa requirements for Nigeria passport holders.
There is a little bit of everything you can think of in Bulgaria. Whether it is going skiing in Bansko, which is located in the southwest of the country, relaxing on a beach resort in Varna, exploring archaeological sites in Nessebar, or gazing in awe at the beauty of several gold artefacts that are on display in the National Museum of History in Sofia, there is something for everyone in Bulgaria. There is an almost inexhaustible supply of activities available in the countryside. In addition to this, you might also try to dance to the beat of the music that is common in the area.
There are as many as 12 million visitors that come to the city every year to experience its numerous tourist attractions, as well as its beach and winter resorts.
To visit Bulgaria, the people of Nigeria are required to obtain a tourist visa. The typical length of stay is only 90 days, and the visa itself is only valid for that amount of time. When applying for a tourist visa to Bulgaria, the applicant must be present.
Bulgaria Visa Types
Types of Visa Processing Time Duration of Stay
Tourist visa 3-10 days 90 days
Business visa 3-10 days 90 days
Student visa 3-10 days 1 year
General Bulgaria visa requirements for Nigeria Citizens.
- A genuine international passport (must be valid for at least 90 days beyond the intended date of departure from Bulgaria).
- The application form that is properly filled out and signed.
- If the applicant is a minor, the paperwork needs to be signed by both sets of parents or legal guardians.
- Pictures of a passport size that have been taken on a white background.
- Travel document.
- Financial evidence to support that you can foot your bills in the course of your trip
- Documentation to support the claim that
- A copy of the ticket for the outbound flight
- Applicants must provide documentation demonstrating their ties to their native country, such as verification from their work.
- A medical insurance policy with coverage of at least 10,000 euros that is valid during the entirety of the stay in Bulgaria is required.
- The documentation that verifies the reason for the trip.
Tourist Visa Requirements
People who wish to visit Bulgaria for tourism are eligible to apply for this specific category of visa. During the time that you have this visa, you are also permitted to visit friends and family.
- All travellers to Bulgaria must hold a valid passport.
- Applicants for visas are required to provide a letter of invitation written by a relative or host currently residing in Bulgaria. The name, address, and other contact information of the host, as well as your connection to them, should be presented in this letter clearly and concisely.
- You will be required to give evidence that you have adequate cash to cover the cost of your stay in the country in which you are applying for a visa.
- Applicants may also be required to present a document that demonstrates they have a compelling reason to return to their home nation once their visa has expired.
- It is strongly recommended that you leave the country before the expiration of your visa.
- A certificate of vaccination against yellow fever is also necessary.
- There is no provision for academic purposes on this visa. You are not eligible to enroll in any of the educational facilities that are located throughout the nation.
- The applicant is required to give photocopies of the original passport and identification card, as well as copies of any visas that have been obtained (valid and expired).
- A copy of the reservation confirmation for the hotel.
- People who have jobs will be required to present a letter from their employer or school (on company letterhead, with contact information), confirming that they have been granted a leave of absence and that they would be returning to their previous position after the absence has ended.
- Include a copy of your business license and tax return if you are self-employed and working for yourself. If you are retired, please provide evidence that you have money set up for your retirement.
- You need to present a letter verifying that you have been invited to Bulgaria by friends or family members to enter the country.
- Confirmation of accommodation, including the address, signature, and date must be included in the letter, together with the visitor’s and the host’s contact information, the reason for the visit, and the length of time it will last.
- You will also be required to provide proof of the host’s status in Bulgaria, which can be in the form of a copy of the information page from the host’s Bulgarian passport or if the host is not a citizen of Bulgaria, copies of the information pages from both their Bulgaria residence permit and their national passport.
- Please provide a copy of the individual’s bank statement if you will be receiving financial support from a host or another sponsor in Bulgaria. This support could come in the form of housing or other services.
- Also, keep in mind that the letter of invitation that your host sends you must include a detailed explanation of the kinds of assistance they intend to give you (financial, accommodations, etc).
Business Visa Eligibility & Requirements
The Bulgarian business visa is of two (2) categories:
- Short-stay business visa, designated as the “Type C” visa.
- Long-term business visa, designated as the “Type D” visa.
- The submission of a business invitation letter from a company in Bulgaria that you want to visit as part of your trip is required to meet the criteria for eligibility.
- This letter will also provide their complete address, in addition to the date of your trip and the reason you are going there.
- You are required to give evidence of any previous business dealings that you have had with the company that you are meeting with.
- Temporary lodgings The Bulgarian Business visa is a multiple-entry visa that allows a stay in Bulgaria of up to 90 days total.
- The application for the visa should be filed at the Bulgarian embassy or consulate that is geographically located closest to the applicant.
- The time it takes to process a visa can range anywhere from seven to ten working days, and the application price for a visa is currently set at fifty dollars.
There are three basic scenarios under which a Bulgarian Business visa for an extended period (Type D visa) is granted:
- To register a Trade Representative Office in Bulgaria
- To register a Bulgarian corporation, the business must employ at least ten residents of the country for at least six months.
- To register a branch in Bulgaria, there must be at least ten Bulgarian citizens working there for the past six months or less.
By registering a trade representative office in Bulgaria, a foreign national can obtain a Bulgarian Business visa of type D in the quickest, easiest, and least expensive manner possible. Ultimately, this visa will allow the foreign national to obtain a Bulgarian residence permit.
The Investment Promotion Act (IPA) of Bulgaria establishes the rules and guidelines for the trade representative office.
All non-EU citizens who wish to apply for a residence permit in Bulgaria are required to first get a long-term Bulgarian Business visa, which can be valid for either six or twelve months depending on the applicant’s circumstances.
The application for a visa costs $100 and must be submitted within 30 working days, after which it will be processed.
Student Visa Eligibility & Requirements
If a student from another country wishes to enroll in a school in Bulgaria, they will be required to secure a student visa. Obtaining admission into a study program at a reputable Bulgarian college is the first step in the process of beginning your educational pursuits in Bulgaria.
Following that, you are free to move forward with the application process for your student visa.
The duration of validity for a Bulgarian Student Visa (D-type Visa) ranges from three to six months. The student visa is available for purchase at any Bulgarian diplomatic mission located outside of Bulgaria. This visa is required of any student from a country outside of the EU or EEA who wants to study in Bulgaria.
These are the required documents for a Bulgarian student visa application:
- Make a photocopy of your Nigerian passport and ensure that it is valid for at least one additional year beyond the end date of your trip.
- Letter of acceptance from the educational institution.
- Medical insurance that is valid for all EU member states throughout the whole duration of the trip, covering all costs associated with repatriation as well as urgent medical care and emergency hospital treatment during the time spent in Bulgaria is required.
- Evidence proving the applicant has paid the tuition fee, in the form of a bank document issued in the applicant’s name.
- photos for use in a passport that is coloured, 3.5 centimetres by 4.5 centimetres in size, and taken against a white background.
- Tickets (original and copy) or evidence of ticket booking or means of financial support are required.
For under-aged children travelling without their parents or trustees the following documents shall be submitted:
- The certified copy of the birth record
- Original and photocopy of a power of attorney notarized certification signed by both parents/trustees or by one parent trustee stating that they agree it is okay for their child to travel without them.
- Make a photocopy of the most recent Bulgaria and Schengen visas, as well as any visas for the United Kingdom and the United States, if you have any.
- The photo used for the passport must be a full-facial shot with the subject’s face visible and taking up between 70 and 80 percent of the available area. There shouldn’t be any glasses won.
- The candidate who has been granted a Bulgarian student visa is required to apply for a long-term stay (residency permit) in Bulgaria once they have arrived in the country.
- This permission is typically only good for a maximum of one year but can be renewed annually during the entirety of the research project.
- Only after completing registration at the university in its entirety is it possible to apply for a residency visa in Bulgaria. M
How much does it cost to get a visa to Bulgaria Fees?
Tourist visa: 50.00 (USD)
Business visa: 50.00 (USD)
Student visa: 50.00 (USD)
Bulgaria Visa Application Centers & Embassies in Nigeria
Address: 10, Euphrates Street, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Maitama, Abuja – Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 803 307 8578
Address: 3, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Phone: (+234) (1) 2611931
(+234) (1) 611932
Bulgaria Covid 19 Entry Requirement
- All COVID-19 entry restrictions will be eliminated as of the first of May in 2022. There is no longer a requirement for visitors arriving in Bulgaria to produce COVID-19-related paperwork to enter the country.
- Please be aware that if you are a national of a third country, you must still comply with all other entrance procedures, including obtaining a visa (if necessary).
Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- Visitors may be eligible for a one-time extension of the visa-free stay of 90 days if they apply for it through the Bulgarian Migration Directorate. This is in accordance with the regulations that are currently in place. Please visit a local office of Migration for further information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with the Migration department.