How to apply for Cambodia visa for Nigerians
First thing that you have to note is that Cambodia does not currently run an embassy in Nigeria. This means that if you want to apply for Cambodian visa, you have three options of procuring it in Nigeria. The first option is for you to visit a country that has a Cambodian embassy and try applying for the visa there. The second option is for you to apply for the Cambodian electronic visa popularly known as the Cambodian eVisa. And the third option is to
Applying for the Cambodian visa through the eVisa route is the best option for Nigerians as it saves you time invested getting a visa to a country that houses the Cambodian embassy, the money that you will spend on flight tickets to the country that has a Cambodian embassy and you will be inconvenience and stand a higher risk.
Cambodia eVisa: All You Need to Know
The Cambodian electronic visa popularly known as the Cambodian eVisa allows visitors to apply to visit Cambodia online. As opposed to the former practice of going to a Cambodian embassy and spending hours trying to work on bureaucracy, all you need to do now is go online. It was an initiative that was introduced by the Cambodian authorities in April 2006 to provide a soft landing for people intending to visit Cambodia and to help boost the already blossoming Cambodia tourism industry. With the eVisa initiative, visitors are allowed entry into the Kingdom of Cambodia and allowed to stay for as long as three months without needing to get a visa at the Cambodian ports and even Cambodian embassies abroad.
Instead of applying for a Cambodian visa through an embassy or authorized representative abroad, all you need to need to do now is to visit the country’s immigration website, download and fill an application form, make payment with a PayPal account or your credit/debit cards and get an eVisa delivered straight to your email.
How to Apply For a Cambodian Visa as a Nigerian.
- Visit https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
- Download, fill and submit an electronic visa application form online
- Make sure that you attach all the documents required by the Cambodian authorities
- Confirm your application and make payment of the required 30 US dollars visa fee.
- Wait for your electronic visa approval letter that will likely come in within 4 days of submitting your application.
Required Documents Needed For Nigerians to Process The Cambodian Visa
- You must present a Nigerian international passport that still has a validity period of at least 6 months.
- Then downloaded application form for your visa that must be filled and submitted.
- Two passport sized photographs that must be in digital formats.
- You must present an evidence that you can take care of yourself financially while in Cambodia.
- Proof of hotel reservations in Cambodia or proof of accommodation while in Canada.
- Proof of a return ticket to your home country.
If you are applying for a business visa, please note that these documents will be required of you in addition to the ones already listed above:
As a rule of thumb, the Cambodian authorities require that if a foreign national looking to visit Cambodia for business reasons, you must write a personal letter that will be sent to the Cambodian authorities. This letter should state in clear terms why you are visiting Cambodia. It should also state your proposed date of the visit and the place you plan to stay.
A letter of invitation
You will need a letter of invitation from a business partner in Cambodia.
More Information About The Cambodian eVisa
The Cambodian eVisa allows you entry into the Southeastern Asian country but there are some information that you need to have before travelling to Cambodia on an eVisa.
The first thing that you should know is that there designated ports for the holders of the Cambodian eVisa to enter the country. The following ports are the only places through which you will be allowed entry into Cambodia:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong)
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey)
- Bavet (Svay Rieng)
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng)
- Sihanoukville International Airport
- You can travel to Cambodia from either the Lagos or Abuja International airports
- The airlines that currently ply Cambodia include Qatar Airways, British Airways, Bangkak Airways, Ethiopia Airways and Singapore Airlines.
- Brace yourself for a long flight as the estimated travel time between Lagos and the Cambodian capital city of Phnom Penh takes a whole 19 hours.
- The Cambodian authorities prohibits people from leaving their country with their local currency, so make sure that you change all your monies to a foreign currency before arriving your departure airport.
- The Cambodian electronic visa has a validity period of 90 days after it is issued but you can only stay in Cambodia for a total of 30 days with the eVisa. If you need to stay longer, you can always apply for an upgrade.
- The local currency used in Cambodia is called the Cambodian Riel and is the currency accepted in most stores and markets but you can use the US dollars for payments in big stores located in the major cities.
- Cambodia’s official language is Khmer; a language that is spoken by the vast majority of Cambodians.
- Buddhism is Cambodia’s official religion. It is practiced by 97 of the country’s population. Christianity, tribal animism and Islam make up the small 3 percent.
- You should budget anywhere between 20-30 US Dollars daily to cover your daily expenses
- Cambodia falls under the Indochina Time Zone which is GMT+7 meaning that the time zone is 6 hours ahead of Nigeria.
- Please note that the Cambodian eVisa was introduced to boost the tourism potential of Cambodia and the Cambodian government wants it to stay that way, So the Cambodian eVisa is still majorly for tourists.
Cambodia Visa on Arrival and All You Need To Know.
Nigerian citizens do not currently qualify for the Cambodian visa on arrival scheme. But for Nigerians who have dual citizenships, you can check if your other country currently qualoifies for the Cambodian Visa on Arrival. Below is everything that you should know about the Cambodian visa on arrival.
If you want to apply for the Cambodia visa on arrival, you will need to purchase a ticket going to either Siem Reap or the capital city of Phnom Penh. Immediately you disembark from the flight, head over to the “Apply Visa” section and ask for a visa on arrival application form. Some flights will have a Cambodia immigration personnel that will hand you the visa on arrival application forms but if you didn’t get one on your flight over, you’d have to ask them for one. After collecting the application form, fill it and check the box marked “tourist visa”. Along with the application form, you’d need a passport sized photograph clearly showing your head and with no head gears (including glasses and hats). You will also be required to make the visa fee payment. Please note that the visa fee is 30 US dollars.
After making the payment, your passport will be sent to the next immigration officer
Also Read: Seychelles Visa Requirements for Nigerians
Cambodian eVisa: Getting it The Easy Way.
Do not get it twisted; yes you can get the Cambodian eVisa by yourself but trust me when I say that there are many things that can go wrong. For one, you might not know how to prep your documents that the Cambodian authorities review for your electronic visa. And what that does is that it messes up yur chances of getting the eVisa. So what you should do is let us, the Cambodian eVisa specialists the job of helping you get the Cambodian eVisa for your travels. We have years of experience in helping people get their Cambodian visas and we have helped hundreds of people travel to Cambodia and are poised to help more people getit. Here are some reasons why thousands of people trust us to help them get their visas every year.
Excellent Service Delivery
Our years of experience in the visa support service market have served us well in that we now recognize that more than ever, the customer is king. This is why we provide services that cannot be rivaled by anybody. We are very skilled in visa applications for plenteous countries but are especially competent when it comes to Cambodian eVisas for Nigerians. Our Cambodian eVisa table is operated by exemplary professionals that have a huge experience in both the knowing how to process Cambodian eVisas and how to provide top of the shelf services for our customers. We understand that our customers are from all walks of life and that’s why we go the extra mile to understand specific customers needs and work round the clock to help them achieve them.
Round-the-clock customer support system
We respect our customers-it is really that simple. It is a company that respects you that goes out of its way like we do to give you 24 hours, 7 days a week customer support service. We also operate a customer support service system that allows every customer that signs up to any of ur services gets a dedicated account manager. Your account manager’s job is very simple; to help you with every information and questions that you may need answers to. The account manager will be dedicated to you 24/7 until you get your Cambodian eVisa and beyond. We also have support managers that will on you from time to time to see if your account manager are treating you as you should be.
Our turnover time is quick and our response time is fast. We focus entirely on our customers’ needs and try our best to fulfill it. The standard processing time for Cambodia eVisa is 10 days but we can help you get it in 5 days for an added 50 Dollar. We can help you get the Cambodian eVisa in 24 hours too but make sure to call our hotline +2347033378184 to confirm its availability before making payment.
Cambodia visa for Nigerians – How to Apply © www.travelvisa.ng